You know that printing on specialty substrates can help save your customer’s time and money (for example: using synthetic paper instead of laminating cardstock). However, sometimes it’s a challenge to get the customer to try something new. To give you a head start, we’ve compiled a list of selling points for some of the most popular specialty substrates. For more tips and information on growing your printing business with specialty substrates, call 636-349-6401 or email our Digital Media Specialists.
Applications for synthetic paper include cards, badges, shelf wobblers, posters, door hangers, tags, catalogs, menus, brochures, and tickets.
- Selling point #3: Resistant to tears, water and chemicals
- Selling point #4: Soft feel and easy to fold or score
Applications for PVC include signage, cards, tags, door hangers, menus, and shelf wobblers.
- Selling point #5: Resistant to UV degradation
- Selling point #6: Good rigidity and low flammability (resists ignition)
Applications for dead opaque styrene include signage, point-of-purchase displays, cards, tags, packaging, and molded applications.
- Selling point #7: Optimal for two-sided graphics
- Selling point #8: Completely dead opaque vs near dead, especially at 10 mil thickness
Applications for clear polyester include shelf danglers, tags, overlays, document covers, and transparencies.
- Selling point #9: Optically clear
- Selling point #10: Resistant to tears, stains, and weather
Applications for soft touch include business cards, document covers, invitations, hang tags, menus and luxury packaging.
- Selling point #11: Luxurious and rich sensory appeal
- Selling point #12: No need for post-print coating which reduces cost and shortens lead time
For more tips and information on growing your printing business with specialty substrates, call 636-349-6401 or email our Digital Media Specialists.