MGX Expands Custom Coating Services
MGX has expanded its custom coating services to accommodate an increase in demand. MGX’s management team attributes this growth to the company’s unique consultative approach to coating projects which includes comprehensive research and development services led by General Manger, Charity Brueggemann.
Expanded coating capabilities include:
- Patterned coating
- Water-based full flood coating for ink reception
- Functional coatings
- Eight custom-built coating production lines, including roll to roll, roll to sheet, and sheet to sheet up to 36 x 48 inches with edge to edge coating
- Production line width up to 22 inches, master rolls up to 40 inches
- All production lines are custom built
- Extensive drying capability up to 850 ft./m, far exceeding flexographic industry standards
MGX will try almost anything when it comes to coating. If a customer contacts MGX with a coating project for which they don’t currently have a solution, they will do everything possible to find a solution.
The three largest coating obstacles that customers face are finding the right coating solution, applying the appropriate coat weight, and determining drying requirements. MGX offers flexibility and quick turnaround of research and development services which are not available elsewhere in the market. MGX helps businesses find a coating solution so that they can move to production as quickly as possible