You know that printing on specialty substrates can help save your customer’s time and money (for example: using synthetic paper instead of laminating cardstock). However, sometimes it’s a challenge to get the customer to try something new. To give you a head start, we’ve compiled a list of selling points for some of the most popular specialty substrates. For more tips and information on growing your printing business with specialty substrates, call 636-349-6401 or email our Digital Media Specialists.
Applications for glassmate include window signage and decals.
- Selling point #1: Improved application versus traditional static cling and high tack vinyl
- Selling point #2: Superior longevity – no loss of static charge, no peeling due to moisture or humidity, washable adhesive for reusability
Applications for synthetic paper include cards, badges, shelf wobblers, posters, door hangers, tags, catalogs, menus, brochures, and tickets.
- Selling point #3: Resistant to tears, water and chemicals
- Selling point #4: Soft feel and easy to fold or score
Applications for PVC include signage, cards, tags, door hangers, menus, and shelf wobblers.
- Selling point #5: Resistant to UV degradation
- Selling point #6: Good rigidity and low flammability (resists ignition)
Applications for dead opaque styrene include signage, point-of-purchase displays, cards, tags, packaging, and molded applications.
- Selling point #7: Optimal for two-sided graphics
- Selling point #8: Completely dead opaque vs near dead, especially at 10 mil thickness
Applications for clear polyester include shelf danglers, tags, overlays, document covers, and transparencies.
- Selling point #9: Optically clear
- Selling point #10: Resistant to tears, stains, and weather
Applications for soft touch include business cards, document covers, invitations, hang tags, menus and luxury packaging.
- Selling point #11: Luxurious and rich sensory appeal
- Selling point #12: No need for post-print coating which reduces cost and shortens lead time
For more tips and information on growing your printing business with specialty substrates, call 636-349-6401 or email our Digital Media Specialists.